Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Finding my Mojo

Nothing like book buying to rekindle my desire to read.  After buying new books I always have an immediate desire to read whatever it is I've just purchased.  If only I could buy them one at a time I wouldn't have a huge TBR pile.

That will never happen so 'oh well...'

I got two by Arturo Perez-Reverte The Cavalier in the Yellow Doublet and Pirates of the Levant the fifth and sixth entries in his Captain Alatriste series which I love.  The Line Between by Peter S. Beagle because I think he's amazing and I don't currently own any short story collections I haven't read, which I find odd for some reason.  Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown, because of Hate List; 'nuf said...   Finally I got A Stir of Bones by Nina Kiriki Hoffman because I've only read her short stories and never any of her novels.

I'm presently still reading Gormenghast (and it's still going nowhere; I'm truly amazed) and Bitterblue at the same time.  I'm gonna ride this reading urge: as in I'm gonna read all this stuff in July.  It will happen, because I'm awesome.  I doubt I'll leave comments for Gormenghast as I haven't been inspired which is odd since I liked Titus Groan so much, but expect comments for the rest.  

I don't know how to quantify it, but I like holding Perfect Escape in my hands more than any of the other books purchased.  As in I enjoy the tactile feel of it; okay... I'll shut up now.  I've work to do.

No comments: