Monday, December 12, 2011

Joint-Blogging Awesomeness

So I've been bad about blogging lately, sorry...  I should have posted a bunch of inane stuff just to keep interest high after seeing an influx in traffic after Kim's big hurrah, but I didn't.  I've been stuck in a small, dense book for all of December (more on that in a few days).

Now that I'm back, blogging that is, I never went anywhere, I've got a lot to say and I want to say it all at once.  First reviews are coming, lots of them: The Folded World, The Tiger's Wife, The Forgotten Waltz (God... am I the only one who isn't immune to the repetition of indefinite articles?) all warranted me having something to say. 

I took a trip to the library at lunch to exercise a demon.  I've been bitten by a history bug; actually it's an itch that has needed scratching for a long time.  I haven't had this kinda non-fiction urge since grad school and I can actually link my history excursions to an escape from music in both instances.  (Which is to say, at the present, I'm getting really good at guitar.  Or perhaps I only need to turn the volume on my amp down, however I at least see a direct correlation between the quality of my playing and obnoxiously loud volume settings with a fuzz face pedal and delayed reverb stomp box.)  So history yeah... don't expect me to be leaving comments on any of that as I am certainly not qualified to do so and my interest in the past are probably more esoteric than my current taste in fiction.  Nonetheless, this history thing will probably be taking up a good chunk of my reading time in the forseeable future.

Lastly, and most awesome, Claire emailed me, stalked me down, stole my identity (only to find out it's not worth having much to her chagrin) and threatened me into submission about some joint book reviews.  I like the idea as it not only gives me a chance to talk about books, but will hopefully show me a different perspective: one from a much prettier girl.  I had the first pick and the only real rule was that when a selection was mentioned we wouldn't do any research prior to reading the book.  I think we are aiming for one a month.  So be sure to look for those reviews, and check out her blog as well, in the near future. 

(And the future is now, so give me an hour or so and the first one will be up.)  

No comments: