Monday, August 8, 2011

The National Book Award 2010

I'm calling shenanigans; blindly.  I finished Great House by Nicole Krauss the other day and without having read any of the other finalist for 2010 I can say the panel got the it wrong.  I'm done being silly now.  Great House was amazing and if nothing else completing it will urge me to read Lord of Misrule by Jaimy Gordon; the winner of the 2010 National Book Award.  

Great House was delicious.  Sex with butter and chocolate might come close; or something like that...  It almost demands a re-read before commentary.  And so I'll fault Krauss for starting my, "To Be Re-Read List."  As if I don't have enough books to read for the first time.  There will be a few others on the list as well however, Great House will occupy a unique space encompassing a re-reading for both pleasure and comprehension.

Lord of Misrule has a lot to overcome.

No comments: