Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer Beer Bad Beer

I don't dislike beer; only I don't like it enough to blog about it. I like expensive Belgian beers that are delicious. Sadly I don't get to drink them as much as I'd like. When I do get to imbibe, my favorite cheap, regular ass beer is Fat Tire made my The New Belgian Company, a brewery out of Colorado. It's a Belgian styled beer.


It's not great, but it is really good. It's not Leffe, or a Trappist ale, but the price tag also reflects these facts. In addition to Fat Tire they make a summer beer called Skinny Dip (it is much like Magic Hat Number Nines summer beer). So how is this summer beer made? Well, it's tricky…


They take the beer you enjoy, pour half of it out, and fill the rest o the bottle with water; no seriously that's what they do… Some how the light watery aspect of summer dilutes all points you previously enjoyed and make you question your purchase. How is such a practice acceptable?


I find the trend very odd, and altogether evil. Anyone else experienced similar atrocities with a favored beer?

No comments: